2024 White Mountains Tenkara Campout

I just grabbed a ticket for this event. Is anyone else planning on attending this year? I missed last year’s event and wanted to check it out.

2 Likes

Just bought my ticket. I’m happy to see NH amended their definition of fly-fishing to explicitly include tenkara. I’ve been fishing tenkara since 2016, but this will be my first tenkara event.

3 Likes

Nice! It should be a lot of fun. I agree, I’m not sure why it was banned on fly-fishing only waters to begin with.

1 Like

I’ll be there for sure! Happy to see some talk about it here. Last years event was amazing and I can’t wait to get back up there!

1 Like

Awesome! I’m excited to meet everyone, listen to the presentations, and do some fishing. The White Mountain area is breathtaking. Now I just need to figure out which rods to take :thinking:

1 Like

That’s always the conundrum isn’t it? Its a really great social event too!
Hopefully, I’ll see you there!

I agree, it’s hard to decide sometimes. It sounds like a great opportunity to meet other Tenkara anglers and exchange knowledge. Looking forward to seeing you there too!

1 Like

I’d like to go, it’s a beautiful area and as @Astro points out, I’m very happy to hear the NH finally got up to date and changed their definition of fly fishing to include tenkara. That’s the same weekend as my anniversary, so there’s no possibility of fishing that weekend for me (which I am completely cool with this). I often seem to come up against this with the same weekend in June each year. Seems like a popular weekend for events. If I remember right, I think the Driftless campout has also happened on this same weekend in years past.

Admittedly, I’d quit fishing in NH about 8 years ago because of that very reason. So it’s been awhile since I’ve been in the White’s.

The other odd thing is that one of my neighbors knows the founder of Red Brook quite well.

By the way, welcome to the forum @Astro. Glad to have another new member and hope you enjoy your time with us.

4 Likes

I just bought my ticket! I’m looking for fun water to fish along the drive from Virginia. Tenkara fishing safari

2 Likes

Awesome, Bob! Looking forward to meeting you.

Thank you Dave, look forward to meeting you too!

1 Like

I’ll be there as well! Last year was a ton of fun and there is no shortage of fishable water in the area. Look forward to meeting you all

1 Like

Same here Mike! I haven’t been back to the White Mountains in quite a while. I’m looking forward to it. Should be a fun time! I plan on heading up there Friday morning to do some fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish: before registration.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Safe travels and good luck with the safari.

1 Like